Friday, November 17, 2006

Where is Scottie?

I have a boyfriend.

Oh, yes! I do ladies & gentlemen.

Me. Mua. Che. Yo. Ia. Ich.

Today, I publicly announce that I, Myrian Raquel Galeano Gimenez, paraguayan, seven and twenty years of age, am in a relationship. Got meself a 'partner'. Un jegustaha he'i aku la gente.

So who gives a turkey if I have never met him. We may not have exchange our body fluids orally just yet. But hey! Nonetheless I have a romance. A fling.

Who knows how long it'll all last. Perhaps we'll never make it after our first encounter, our first date, our first outting as a couple, our first mealdrinksneezecoughburpetc. I mean, he may not be no Lenny, and you know how I feel boot gud'auld LK (in case you don't, it involves jumping bones).

I bet right about now you wonder who the heck am I talking about? Who in heavens is the so-called boyfriend? We shall call him Scottie for arguments sake. At this point the question 'have I gone bananas?' is crossing your heeds, aye? How can I start saying I've got a boyfriend and then say I haven't even met him. Datdontmakenosense. Well, it doesnt if you havent met my family!

Let me share this ordeal with y'all. This would be the right time to go an put on the kettle, prepare a cuppa or a hot toddy as this might take a while.

A couple of days ago I was informed that as of late August or early September I am 'romantically involved, attached to, concubinada, encaramada y quien sabe que mas' with a certain Scottish teacher. Whatsmore, he is the reason why I've come all the way to this foreign soil, 'donde el diablo perdio el poncho', the end of the world (perhaps he's found the well at the end of it). I started calling him Scottie for obvious reasons... the main one being lack of creative braincells not frozen by the -17 degrees outside. But I am open to suggestions. Feel free to share your input on the matter.

And what has my family to do with it?

Well, after I finally got to check my emails (internet conection is scarce here) I found an email from my brother's wife writing on behalf of my mum who said that my dad has known for quite a while about Scottie and yours truly, cuz a friend of his (my dad's in case your lost), who lives or lived (not quite clear) in the U.S. told him so. Uff! Didyagetit? And then my middle brother sends 400 texts from his mobile telling me the say thing and asking for the lad's name so he can include him on his wedding guest list. HOLLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!

Tinny detail.: they forgot to tell me that I have a boyfriend.

I don't even know what he looks like, what he likes or what he's like!

But hey, at least he ain't English!

Ever since, I have tried to find him here in Surgut. Population 300.000 how hard can it be to find a laddie who'll be easily spotted at a local pub having a pint of ale and singing 'Scotland the Brave' while watching footie or rugby. Oh man! I forgot! There might be a problem with the lad. He might be a Hibs fan. Or a Celtic or Rangers one. Darn! Aberdeen i can take. And if he happens to be from that shire I won't complain either.

So today I am gonna ask you for a big favour my dear friends: do help me find Scottie!

Across the continents, hemispheres, and countries I know that together we may find me me man!

And that's big 10-4

2 comments:

scotspotter said...

From Aberdeen? Yeah, you WISH!!! ;)
And don't always ask me about the fairies, I already feel like a loony. Well...more than usual.
Every girl should have a scottie.

psychorach said...

every girl deserves a craiggordonkindalad, aye?